Friday, July 25, 2008

A drug test is a drug test

I have been watching The Tour de France (TDF) for weeks (July 5 to July 27) and as a cyclist myself I can watch it hour after hour…day after day. I know it is going to end soon and I am trying to prepare myself for the daily 3-5 hour gap in time that will be available in my day on Monday July 28. Then I remembered that I didn’t have that time in the first place.

The TDF has provided an opportunity for cycling to be much more of a topic of conversation over the past couple of weeks. My friends and business colleagues have asked a lot of great cycling and TDF questions since the race began this year! There have been good questions:

  • How many stages are there? 21
  • How many days? 23 (they get 2 rest days…)
  • How many miles? 3,500 kilometers
  • How many miles is that? It is about 2175 miles.
  • How many miles do you ride? More than that…but I have all year!

Here is what I have learned:

  • Everyone thinks Lance is the best ever!
  • Lance is the best.
  • Don’t think that you can beat the system because you can’t.
  • A drug test is a drug test and you’re going to get caught if you cheat. Come on boys!


2 comments:

Jeff said...

What do you think about Greg Lemond?

Also do you think the drugs should be legal? I think maybe they should be allowed to surgically graph on gazelle legs.

Lynnette said...

Greg Lemond...3 time tour winner that came back after an accident where he was shot. He is the come-back kid. Lemond took an anti-doping stance and was viewed as controversial because of it. Perhaps there is no love lost between Armstrong and Lemond. I am often reminded by a friend that Lance was the most tested athlete in the sport and he never tested positive. Just say no to EPO.